About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter Brownies

Okay so when I first read the title of this recipe I thought that the ooey-gooey part referred more to "these are" instead of "you will be after making them." By far, this was the most frustrating recipe I have ever made in my entire life. Every part of the recipe was sticky and hard to work with and I was very tempted at times to start cursing at them like a sailor. That being said, however, they had a pretty good flavor to them and my guests definitely liked them.... so I am posting the recipe even though I don't know when I will bring myself to make them again. Here is hoping that you have more luck than I did with this one!

One thing to note - this is a recipe that was originally from Cooking Light. So although they look incredibly fattening they cut calories in the right places and aren't THAT bad for you.

The picture and recipe are courtesy of Our Best Bites and can be found here.

*AFTERTHOUGHT! I have been thinking about this recipe since I made it last night (because I am nerdy like that) and thinking about how much more I would like it if I made it with mint morsels/chips instead of peanut butter. Darn! Now I need to try and make it again!

OOEY-GOOEY PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
From Our Best Bites

3/4 C sweetened condensed milk, divided (fat-free is fine)
1/4 C butter, melted and cooled (1/2 stick)
1/4 C non-fat milk
1 box devil’s food cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
cooking spray
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme (about 1 3/4 C)
1/2 C peanut butter morsels (not gonna lie, I used a very “heaping” 1/2 cup :)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

With an electric mixer, combine 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, milk, butter, cake mix, and egg white. Mixture will be very thick. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Use either floured hands, or spray your hands with cooking spray in order to press it down without having it stick to your fingers. The layer will be thin. Bake for 10 minutes.

Combine 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl and combine until smooth. Stir in PB morsels. No one will tell if you stir in some extras. Spread marshmallow layer over brownie layer in pan. Carefully drop remaining brownie batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.

No comments: