About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Classic Repeat : Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

This is a quick and delicious recipe that we love around our house. (And I am told it is a favorite at my brother-in-law's household too!) And I like to believe that it is better for you than most fettucine alfredos because it isn't made with heavy cream. I made a few changes to the recipe this time for extra flavor so instead of just posting the link I am going to post the entire recipe again. The picture is courtesy of Campbell's Kitchen.

CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO

8 oz. uncooked linguine or spaghetti
1 c fresh or frozen broccoli florets
2 T butter or margarine
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 c milk
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 t pepper
½ t salt
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
juice of half a lemon

Prepare linguine according to package directions. Add broccoli for last four minutes of cooking time; drain. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, stirring often. Add soup, milk, cheese, pepper, salt, garlic, lemon juice and linguine mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional cheese. Salt and Pepper to taste.

No comments: