About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Classic Repeat: Hot Dog Casserole

This one is not healthy by any means. But if you wanted to make it better then you could spend the extra money to buy fat free hot dogs and low fat cheese. This one was a HUGE hit in my house growing up and it is a sure-fire kid pleaser! Jake and I like to mix some hot sauce in with ours and it is DELICIOUS. Besides, if nothing else, it is SOOOOOO cheap to make. A pack of hot dogs is easily $0.88, we got 10 lbs. of potatoes on sale for $0.58. Basically the most expensive part is the cheese. And if you are wise and buy the cheese in bulk it is a lot cheaper. Smith's Tillamook cheese is regularly just over $11 for 5 pounds of pre-shredded cheddar cheese. Cheap and tasty? That is my kind of meal!

http://shaylaskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/hot-dog-casserole.html

No comments: