About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lindi Anderson's Wheat Bread Recipe

This is a CLASSIC STAPLE in my family. My mom makes 3 loaves every three days because my siblings will not eat any other kind of bread. You start to crave the wheat bread and will be so surprised how quickly a whole loaf goes! My mom has perfected the recipe and it is so wonderful!

LINDI’S WHEAT BREAD RECIPE

1 ¼ c. warm water
1 ¼ tsp. Yeast
2 heaping Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Dough enhancer
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Gluten
3 cups wheat flour

Put all wet ingredients in the bottom of the mixer. Place all dry ingredients on top except for yeast. Make a little well in the dry ingredients to put the yeast in. Mix together thoroughly. (I just use a bread maker.)

*I like to use 3 Tbsp. Butter instead of just two.

If you don’t have a bread maker: Mix the dough really well and knead it for about 8 minutes and then roll it out to make sure to get all the bubbles out of it. Fold over the long sides so they meet in the middle and then roll it up and put it in a bread pan. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes but check it between 25 and 27 minutes.

No comments: