About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy

YUMMMMM!!!! I just absolutely love this recipe. It is one of my very favorite dishes! It isn't too difficult to make although the process of making the dish seems a bit "impractical." Just a few notes: Chicken chunks or strips are a million times better for this dish; yes, you only need ONE can of cream of chicken soup and yes, it will seem like it isn't enough; I don't think the picture (obtained from http://www.campbellskitchen.com) is a very accurate representation of this meal; this is a spicy dish so if you are sensitive to heat reduce the amount of black and red pepper; and I like it much better served over noodles. I got this recipe here.

PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM GRAVY

From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep/Cook: 20 minutes
Serves: 4

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground red pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I only use 3 and I cut it into chunks)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream

Mix flour, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper on plate. Coat chicken.
Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 10 min. or until browned. Set chicken aside. Add soup and green onions. Heat to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in sour cream.

No comments: