About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes

I just love pancakes and so I was very excited to try this new recipe. It did not disappoint! I think these were probably my all-time favorite way to have pancakes. They had the most wonderful flavor! I think next time I will try raspberries or strawberries because these pancakes would be good with any variety of fruit folded into them. Jake had six and just kept saying, "Yum!"

BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PANCAKES
from Erin at sisterscafe.blogspot.com

2 c. all-purpose flour
¼ c. sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
1 ½ c. milk
1 c. (8-oz) sour cream (I used fat free sour cream)
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen that were partially thawed)

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, sour cream, and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the blueberries. Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; flip when golden on bottom. Cook until the second side is golden brown.

*Note: This recipe made 16 pancakes for us. (Using 1/3 cupfuls)

No comments: