About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chicken Tortellini Soup

So, not only did I finally get a CAMERA for Christmas, I also got this great new cookbook called Made Simple Chicken. I love chicken and so I am very excited to try the MANY tasty looking recipes. This first recipe looked too good to wait any amount of time before making it - and it didn't disappoint. I loved the flavor and Jake said it is a keeper for our regular recipes! It was very easy to make and only required a trip to the grocery store for a few inexpensive items. (Getting packaged tortellini instead of the refrigerated kind is a HUGE price break, and it isn't that hard to cook it yourself!)

CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP
From Made Simple Chicken

6 cups chicken broth or 1 can (48 ounces) chicken broth
1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese and spinach tortellini or three-cheese tortellini
1 package (about 6 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked chicken breast strips, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
4 to 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped chives or 2 tablespoons sliced green onions

Bring chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add tortellini. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and spinach.

Reduce heat to low. Cook 3 minutes or until chicken is hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chives. Makes 4 servings.

*I used 6 cups water plus 6 chicken boullion cubes for my broth, 9 ounces uncooked spinach tortellini (cooked to package directions), frozen chicken cooked up in a bit of oil with onion powder, salt, and pepper until browned, and the green onions instead of the chives.

No comments: