About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Topsy Turvy Taco Bake

Okay, so I admit I had my doubts about this one and so did Jake. As I was baking it it looked REALLY peculiar and Jake kept saying, "Are you sure about this recipe?" BUT... in the end it turned out really good and it looks quite pretty when you dress it all up with the toppings. It tastes pretty good too and I wouldn't mind making it again because it was so simple and tasty. I got this recipe here.

TOPSY TURVY TACO BAKE
from Real Mom Kitchen
1 ½ lbs. ground beef (raw) (I only used 1 pound and it was plenty)
1 egg
1 T. instant onion (just the dried minced stuff)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 pkg (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
1 pkg (8.5 oz.) cornmeal muffin mix (I used a jiffy mix)
Dressings: chopped tomatoes, avocado, shredded lettuce, green onions, cheese, black olives, salsa, and sour cream (whatever you like on your taco)

Combine beef, egg, onion, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Spread in even layer in bottom of 10-in baking dish (I used an 11x8 dish). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Prepare cornmeal muffin mix according to package directions. Spread over top of beef. Continue baking at 400 degrees for 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let sit on counter for 10 minutes. Turn upside down on serving plate and top with tomatoes, avocado, black olives and cheese; dollop sour cream on individual servings.

No comments: