About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Bundles

I really like the idea of any kind of recipe that calls for chicken to be wrapped around something. I absolutely LOVE chicken cordon bleu and so when I saw this recipe I knew for sure we would like it. And we did! It was really good and flavorful. It was missing the "wow" factor though. It was good but it wasn't something I would want to eat once a week. Once in a while I wouldn't mind having it again, but it is a bit labor intensive. It is definitely worth trying though and next time I will pair it with my homemade marinara sauce (watch for the recipe - coming soon!)

The original source of this picture is from Kraft Foods but I got it and the recipe from Mer's Kitchen Creations. They can be found at this site here: http://merskitchencreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/chicken-parmesan-bundles.html

CHICKEN PARMESAN BUNDLES
From Mer’s Kitchen Creations

·         5-6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch. thickness
·         4 oz. cream cheese, softened
·         1 cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
·         1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
·         1/2 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
·         1/2 cup parmesan cheese
·         1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
·         1 jar spaghetti sauce, heated

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese in a medium bowl. Spoon onto chicken breasts. Roll up chicken tightly, securing with toothpicks if needed. In a separate small bowl, mix together the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and roll each chicken bundle in the mixture until coated. Place in sprayed 9x13 pan and bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve chicken topped with spaghetti sauce and some fresh mozzarella.

*If desired, serve over a bed of warm pasta

2 comments:

Amy Jeans said...

Have you ever tried this recipe: http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2008/01/sun-dried-tomato-chicken-roll-ups.html

This is probably one of my favorite things that I have ever made and it's a great idea to pear it with what she recommends.

Shayla Bentley said...

Amy that looks so yummy! I will absolutely have to try that one. Her blog looks like a good one to follow. Thanks for the information!