About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers

I know that the summer is now officially over but I don't think that that means the barbecue should go into exhile. I mean, grilled food is DELICIOUS and if my hubby or I are willing to go stand out in the cold to get it.... so be it!

This was a deliciously tasty and flavorful meal. I served it with a side of grilled corn on the cob and mashed potatoes and it was so satisfying. My husband's only complaint was that he wanted something to dip the chicken in. I would recommend dipping it in more salsa, if anything. Personally I liked it all by itself and didn't need anything to dip it in. If you want more "liquid" in your meal, serve with a side of applesauce.

This recipe was adapted from Campbell's Kitchen. I didn't change the ingredients at all, just the method of cooking. To see the original recipe and the source of the picture follow this site here: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=24757&ref=%2fSearchRecipesResult.aspx%3ffilter%3d%26q%3dgarlic%2band%2blime%2bgrilled%2bchicken%26fbid%3d0AKYTyFPE4c&fbid=0AKYTyFPE4c

GARLIC & LIME GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS
Adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen
Printer Friendly Version

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1. Cut chicken lengthwise into large chunks.
2. Stir the picante sauce, oil, lime juice, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
3. Place the chicken and marinade in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (I did closer to 2)
4. Place chunks of chicken on 8 skewers. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning and brushing often with the picante sauce mixture from your marinade bag. Discard any remaining picante sauce mixture.

Helper: If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
Makes: 4 servings (2 skewers each).

No comments: