About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Slow Cooker Spiced Vanilla-Pear Oatmeal

Looks beautiful, right? Sounds delicious? Of course! I hate to tell you.... it wasn't. It filled our house with the most amazing aromas and teased us all night long with thoughts of a delicious hot breakfast. But it was severely disappointing. It turned out too thick and much too bland. I understand you are supposed to add more brown sugar and milk to it but it seems like the added brown sugar was the only flavor. The pears were just texture with no flavor.

Maybe you can make something more of this meal?

To see the recipe visit this link here and you will also find the source of the picture: http://sweettreatsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/09/overnight-spiced-vanilla-pear-oatmeal.html

No comments: