About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Skillet Parmesan Zucchini

In case you haven't noticed, I have developed a serious love for meatless meals. That doesn't mean that I won't still cook with meat on occasion but I have enjoyed the large number of meatless recipes that have come my way lately. This is another one that didn't disappoint. It came together so quickly and was very tasty. Now you may think that this is just a glorified spaghetti sauce, and maybe it is. But don't fret! Just serve it over your favorite noodles. Personally we liked this just fine all by itself, but to each their own!

This recipe and picture are courtesy of KraftFoods.com and can be found at this site here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/skillet-parmesan-zucchini-112444.aspx

SKILLET PARMESAN ZUCCHINI
Adapted from Kraft Foods

1 small red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 - 4 small zucchini (1 lb.), thinly sliced
1/2 - 1 cup spaghetti sauce (depending upon how saucy you want it)
3/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese

COOK and stir peppers and onions in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 5 min. Add zucchini; cook and stir 2 min.

STIR in spaghetti sauce; cover. Cook 8 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

SPRINKLE with cheeses; cook, covered, 1 min. or until mozzarella is melted.

No comments: