I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of this... It was probably on a night that I was trying to eat quickly. Who knows? Oh well. The original recipe and picture are courtesy of Back to Her Roots and can be found at this site HERE.
Adapted from Back to Her Roots
Nutritional Information per serving (calculated on MyFitnessPal.com): Calories 367, Carbs 62, Fat grams 5, Protein 15
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (we will definitely increase this next time)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 1/2 lb.) chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 2 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
- Add in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release their water.
- Remove from heat, add in spinach and cover skillet. Let spinach wilt for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and place skillet back over low heat. Add the penne, Greek yogurt and pasta sauce. Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated. Heat until just warmed through. Divide into pasta bowls and serve topped with parmesan cheese.