About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baja Chicken Pizza

This recipe is a combination of a few recipes that I have on here with something new! I hope you have been following along but if not I will update you:

This is the crust: Jay's Signature Pizza Crust - Healthier!

This is the ranch used to make the sauce: Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing

And this is the chicken that I used instead of what is called for in the recipe: Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

And if you want to know how amazingly good this pizza turned out... my husband and his best friend, Mike, were over for dinner. They both DEVOURED this thing. Seriously. I made enough to fill an 11x17 inch cookie sheet and there was not a single crumb left. It was fresh and delicious and pretty incredibly healthy for a pizza!

I doubled the sauce recipe because I was making a really big pizza but I don't think I had to. However, this sauce is amazing for dipping crust in or for eating with a salad. Delicious low fat salad dressing too? This recipe is AMAZING!!!!

I will list the original recipe here in case you don't have leftover chicken like I did. But trust me, make the chicken for one dinner and then have this with the leftovers the next day - you WILL NOT regret it!

This recipe is courtesy of Blog Chef and can be found at this site HERE.


BAJA CHICKEN PIZZA
Adapted from Blog Chef


½ cup ranch salad dressing (I used the Greek Yogurt dressing)
1/8 cup salsa
½ tablespoon lime juice
1 ½ tablespoons cilantro
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or replace with leftover Cilantro Lime Chicken)
1 (1.25 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (not needed if replacing chicken)
1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust (or make your own healthier (and cheaper) crust)
½ cup tomato (chopped)
½ cup red onion (chopped)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (I probably used this much for my huge pizza - it doesn't need this much if you are making the smaller 12-inch pizza crust. I would say 1 cup at most for the smaller crust.)
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium ripe avocados (peeled and thinly sliced)

Step 1:
 Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Rub chicken breasts on both sides with taco seasoning and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the chicken breasts are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Remove from the oven, allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes and slice into strips.  In a blender or food processor add ranch dressing, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and process until smooth (this can also be done by hand, by whisking in a bowl). Set aside.
Step 2: Turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Place the pre-baked crust onto a 12-inch pizza pan. Spread the ranch dressing mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the sliced cooked chicken, tomato, onion, and cheese.
Step 3: Place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with lettuce and top with avocado slices. Serve immediately.
(Makes 4 Servings)

1 comment:

Yasmeen said...

Oh this looks so good!