About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Fun: [Healthy Living Survey]

I saw this Healthy Living Survey at the wonderful Best Body Fitness - another blog that I love and one you should definitely check out if you haven't already! It looked like a bunch of fun so I decided to complete it as well.

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

This is my typical breakfast set up - breakfast, water, journal, scriptures. Since there has been a whole lot of talk about pancakes on the web lately because National Pancake Day is coming up it was definitely on my mind after Cardio Circuit this morning. This gluten free, Tone It Up Pancake from SarahFit is definitely my favorite. I just add water to thin out my batter if I need to. Topped with homemade almond butter and however much banana I have left after what I use in the pancake. 

2. How much water do you drink each day?
Picture Source here

Just call me a camel. Did you know that camels can drink as much as 200 litres [of water] a day? Okay so I certainly don't drink that much but if the recommendation for water drinking is 1/2 ounce for every 1 lb that you weigh I almost always double that recommendation. On average I get over 100 ounces per day although during the week I usually average around 150. (Weekends are harder...) It is something that I crave and I just drink as my body desires it. 

3. What is your current favorite workout?
Picture source here

I really do like all of my workout classes (Boot Camp, Powerflex, Power Pump, Cardio Circuit) and most all types of working out (except Spinning... YUCK!) but my heart belongs to Step. I absolutely adore step! I am just starting into it and I'm not very good at it yet but someday it is absolutely one that I want to certify to teach.

4. How many calories do you eat each day?
I honestly have no idea what the answer to this question would be. I don't track my calories and try to intuitively eat what I feel like my body needs. Some days that may be fewer calories and some days it may be more!

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!!!! Did I mention popcorn? I absolutely adore air-popped popcorn. I recently discovered how delicious nutritional yeast is on it as well. I usually toss it with just a little melted coconut oil and whatever seasonings I am feeling. If I don't eat popcorn I usually nosh on an apple, carrot, or some lowfat cottage cheese.

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Lately I have been switching between two different main lunches: Tuna Salad (albacore white tuna, classic hummus, lowfat cottage cheese, balsamic vinegar, crushed red pepper, fresh ground pepper, sprin mix and extra spinach, and some Craisins), and Veggie Loaded Sweet Potato (baked sweet potato topped with salsa mix of sauteed onions, kale, purple cabbage, black beans and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese).

7. What is your favorite body part to train?
Favorite would definitely be the lower body/legs. I really like lower body exercises and {Step} and running.

8. What is your least favorite body part to train?
Core and triceps... but that is only because I need to train them so much. But oh it BURNS!

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I really don't like the word "bad." A better question would be, "What are foods you crave that should be eaten in moderation?" The funny thing is though... this still doesn't greatly apply to me. I crave things that I cannot eat because of my gluten/sugar intolerance. (ie: cheeseburgers and pizza). But if I do crave them then I eat plain patties with all the trimmings and make cauliflower crust pizza. YUMMY!!!

Photo source here

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Sure do! I take Fish Oil and Evening Primose Oil (for my bad eczema skin) every day. I just ordered a Calcium+Magnesium w/ Vitamin D vitamin to start taking daily. When I did a nutritional analysis on myself for a class last semester Calcium and vitamin D were the ones I was consistently low on.

11. How often do you eat out?
Once a week for date night! WOOHOO for date night! We used to get take out for emergency dinners occasionally but that is hard when you don't eat gluten. I would much rather throw together a quick salad for myself than buy a $6 mediocre replacement.

12.  Do you eat fast food?
Uhhhhh... no not really. Again with the gluten free business. I hate paying high price for mediocre food just because I need to eat gluten free. However, if Cafe Rio counts as fast food then the answer is yes. I get their chicken salad without the tortilla or dressing and just flavor it with the salsas and lime - SOOOO yummy!

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Absolutely this guy! I am so glad that I am married to him!

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes I do! And whatever bad things you have to say about Gold's Gym... it is very inexpensive for me because we get a discount through my husband's work and I have really enjoyed it. It isn't the Ritz but it works and I have really enjoyed the people that I have met there.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
Typically 7. Since I get up about 5 am each day we try to go to bed no later than 10. I would prefer to get more but 7 usually does the trick for me.

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. I eat relatively the same every day. Occasionally on special occasions I will splurge and eat more than I usually do but I can't eat desserts out and don't splurge on free breads either so... yeah.

17. Do you drink alcohol?
Nope. Never have, never will. The members of my faith promise to abstain from alcohol. If you want to learn more visit this site here.

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
I don't go to the gym with anyone but if I am working out at home you can bet that my kids will happily be my buddies. My girl [A] loves to do yoga with me and cute hubster will occasionally do some exercises with me although his primary focus right now is getting better at push-ups.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
Oh man where could I even start with this question!? So much of my life has changed since committing to a healthy lifestyle. I am healthier, I am happier, I have more energy, I have more lasting joy. I have new purpose and direction and I am loving the challenge!

20. What is the last healthy thing you did?
We made a healthy, homemade DELICIOUS dinner (look for my review on Sunday).

QUESTION FOR MY DEAR READERS: Answer any of the above questions about yourself! I would love to get to know more about my readers.

Loves...Shayla

No comments: