About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Spreading the Love

I follow a lot of blogs from around the web and I get LOTS of emails every single day with updates from those blogs. I like to find new recipes, get inspired, or just read something that speaks to my heart. A lot of what I get doesn't get saved in any way but there are a few blog posts in particular that I have really loved lately:

On Physical Health & Nutrition:

How to Correctly Count Calories - I never thought about this but from a scientific standpoint her method totally makes sense!

The Power of the Number - Cassie has some amazing insight on the issue of weight.

Cream Cheese Stuffed Coffee Cake - Although there is a recipe on this post I particularly enjoyed what Katie had to say about living a balanced life of 80/20. I also love her post about Processed foods and Soybeans and Tofu - oh my! - She echoes my sentiments to a T.

5 Things That Mindful Eaters Never Say - I just really love the idea of mindful eating and it is something I am working hard on in my own life.

NEDA Week 2013 & Loving Yourself - Another great post about being mindful about our bodies and not letting our false beliefs crowd out the beautiful truth about us.

On Delicious Looking Recipes:

Chicken & White Bean Chili Soup - Confession... I am not much of a soup person and definitely not a white bean soup person but this soup looks delicious! I will take her idea from another post and add some veggies as well.

Sweet & Spicy Carrot Bisque - Wow. Two soups in a row? I guess you aren't really believing me on the "not a soup person" bit, huh? But I love carrots. So there.

Egg White Crust - This is an oldie but a goodie. This is my go to crust for personal pizzas. I use 2 T nutritional yeast instead of the egg white protein powder and the ground flaxseed instead of oat flour.

Thai Chicken Quinoa - Her pictures are so amazing it is hard to not want to make absolutely everything she posts about. But this recipe looks especially good. I am a sucker for Thai food.

Grain & Nut Free Banana Bread - I adore banana bread but no gluten + no refined sugar = NO GO for me. This one uses dates and coconut flour. I am intrigued!

Cilantro Pesto Meatballs with Enchilada Sauce - A gluten free meatball recipe? It's a miracle!

On Emotional Health & Relationships:

When the Spotlight on Intimacy Shifts - this is an excellent article about keeping intimacy alive in our marriages. I loved reading this article.

How to be Nicer... to Yourself - A great reminder for all of us!

On Motivation:

I Could Never - This post really resonated with me on a day I really needed the extra encouragement.

On Having Fun:

What I (Would) Eat Wednesday - Have I mentioned how much I love Lindsay? Her posts frequently are the highlight of my day. This indulgent post hits home in many ways. What would I eat Wednesday if there was nothing holding me back including gluten and sugar intolerances? Tres Leches. Lots and LOTS of it!

Xtend Barre SLC - Definitely a class I want to try out! My girlfriends - Geneva and Amy - are going to take me to experience this lovely burn sometime this month.

QUESTION FOR MY DEAR READERS: Do you have any blogs that you love to follow? Did any of these articles stick out to you?

Loves...Shayla

No comments: