About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What I Love Wednesday

Usually on this day each week health and fitness bloggers around the web post about what they ate in a "WIAW" post. I have done a couple of these posts myself and they are a lot of fun; however, today I wanted to change things up a little bit and share with you a few things that I love. Of course there are a lot of things that are "given" that I love - cute hubster, my girl [A], my boy {N}, my religion, God, etc... but I wanted to list some other things that I love that people might not know about me. So, without further ado, here is:


  • I love to read. I don't mind reading my school textbooks but I definitely prefer to read things that I would choose. My favorite book of all time is The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It is over 1000 pages and I have read it once and listened to it on my MP3 player while working out and working around the house. Some of my other favorites include: Elantris by Brandon Sanderson, The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley, Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and The Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan - among MANY others!
  • I love The Mentalist. Jane is a given for a favorite character but I definitely love Cho as well. Something about that monotone and expressionless face - you just have to love him!

  • I have mentioned this before but I really love Step. I also love Yoga.
  • This may be an extension on my love for yoga but I love stretching. I usually stretch at night after the kids have gone to bed and my cute hubster and I are just watching something in our room. I feel so relaxed and free after stretching.
  • I used to love Tres Leches and Chili's Molton Chocolate Cake - absolute favorite desserts! Sadly... I can't eat them anymore. No sugar and no gluten for me. :-(
     
  • I love lemonade, especially Simply Raspberry lemonade. Since I can no longer have that either I usually squeeze 1/2 lemon into 24 ounces of water and add stevia. Delicious! I will drink it hot or cold. Really.
  • I love the texture of Greek yogurt. I actually don't mind eating Greek yogurt totally plain with just a few slices of fruit in there but my favorite way is with chopped apples and a scoop of peanut butter.
  • I love almost all types of cuisine. Indian, Mexican, African, all kinds of Asian. There isn't a lot that I can have in the way of Italian but I'm alright with that. We tried a new Ethiopian restaurant last night and it was AMAZING!
  • I love jet skiing. There is something amazing about being behind a large motorized vehicle over the water that just gets your blood pumping and makes you want to go fast and do things you never dreamed of. I LOVE that rush!
  • I love shopping with my mom. It doesn't matter what we are shopping for. Shopping with my mom is just always fun and relaxing.
  • I love reading blogs. I follow a whole bunch of them and their updates get sent to my inbox daily. I love experiencing life through other people's eyes. Some of my favorites are Lindsay's List, Fitting it All In, and Oatmeal After Spinning. (Among MANY others!)
QUESTION FOR MY DEAR READERS? What are some things that you love?

Loves...Shayla


No comments: